Monday, October 02, 2006

So I taught a class today on Unforgettable experiences. I had the class tell me about there stories. One student stood up and said. One day i was near a river, I fell in and a man saved me. Joe also got this answer in his class so we found out that this passage was in the book, little sneaks..
The best one however came from a student that told me his unforgettable experience was that last february he and his dad went to america and he met his favorite nba star Koby Bryant. Hmmmm yeah and Im the easter bunny. I think he thought in his dreams was the same thing as unforgettable experience.
I also had my students write a message in a bottle as a review of last unit. They did a whole unit on being on a deserted island. They even had to read a passage from Castaway with Tom Hanks.
Some of my answers are pretty amazing.

This is what I had them do.

Fill in the blanks with your own answers

Dear __1__,
I am on an island in the Pacific Ocean. There are ____, ___2__, and _____ around me.
The island is shaped like a ___3___. I am ___4__ here, but could you please send me some ____5__.
Sincerely,
_____6___


These are a list of the best answers I received: (?)= me pondering, or laughing.

1Dear: Teacher Emily, The police, God, friends, superman, cindy,
2 there are: trees, followers, apeman, dinosaurs,
3.island is shaped like a: bear, mooncake, the face of an ugly women( I laughed so hard at this one! Cause i'm sure he had to look it up in the dictionary),some kitchens (??), foots (??), died mans(?), a new word(?),
4.I am:( these all consisted of happy or sad)
5. Send me some: money, knife, gun, cookbooks (???), 11 football stars (??), Jay chou's latest cd, my bed, my toothbrush, a pet dog, KFC, my computer, a labratory(?)
6.Tray Mcgrady, Student Emily, my english name is enya I like her music, chuck noland ( he was the charector tom hanks played in castaway)

Add ins: "can you ask the police to resque me, Ill give you money!", "ok please quick now"" Im danger here, but danger makes me strong!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home