Tuesday, May 15, 2007

V is for vacuum flask, o is for omni bus

On a recent scavenger hunt activity I did the teaching in a large multi level classroom un think able. I let my student go outdside!! dun dun duuuunnnn! Its true they might have run amuck, or just played basketball to their hearts content, but Its been nice, so I thought hey they don't wanna be inside as much as I don't , so we'll give it a shot. After about 10 minutes of threats dealing with You better come back or you'll never go outside again. I was ready to set them free.
The activity was write the A,B,C's and write 1 word for each letter. Its called what do I see outside. So if you see emily you can use emily for e, and tree for t. Simple enough right?? Well first these kids have never been allowed outside. (all my worrying was really for nothing) I mean I let the kids out and they just stand right at the door or right next to the classroom. They really had no idea that I was letting them go, go free!! I had to push them to even go down the hallway! Then when a teacher would walk by they would freak out and run back into the classroom. I finally got them to see that I was really letting them have a little fun and this is what I got back in return. Here's a list of the best ABC words. Do you think these kids aw these things?? Aren't dictionaries the greatest!

A: Agriculture ( a unit in their book), Alien,
B: Bacon
c: Clothes, Cow
e: earth, environment
g: good looking girl ( awesome)
i: ice cream
j: junk
l: insect ( does that start with l??)
m: monster, mother, hmmm
n: nostril ( i had a kid that did all the body parts), nothing ( can you see nothing?)
o: omnibus ( what is that?), Oprah Winfrey!
q: quilt, quad, quill
r: rocket
s: sleep, slim girl
t: tobacco,
u: undertaking, UFO
V: vegan, Vacuum flask
w: Witch
X: X-man, Xylograph, X-chromosome ( my fav)

Speeches:
I am half way threw listening to my speeches. The kids have been giving some really great ones and some really horrible ones. My favorites are the kids that don't think I'll notice when they give a real speech copied out of an english history book. Like the kid that gave 'I have a dream", or the kid who recited a famous song. They always say,... but i really did write it!!ha ha ha now i know what my teachers felt like and man do I respect them now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home