Friday, June 02, 2006

Learning Chinese...

I forgot how hard it is to learn another language, even with the necessity we will have for it. I, however, have made 2 significant strides in the last few days.

First I learned how to order a beer. Hold on... Let me remember... wu shi-ang qwha e-de-ar pe-che-ou. Any one know what vodka is in Chinese?

Second, I learned how to ask, would you like to come to my place for a drink? ;)
nee shi-ang chu wu nar qwha ma?


I do not know if it is just because of my limited vocab, but Chinese seems a lot like newspeak, the language big brother was working on in that book 1984... hum... Where shouldn't I go with that....



I would like to thank everyone for all the donations that are coming in. Emily and I appreciate it a lot. Everything helps.


-Joe

P.S.

If you leave a comment, leave a name even if it is a fake one! It is fun to receive comments!

3 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger a-ralix said...

It is great to know you are going to visit China, just popping by to invite you to visit our site. aralix.blogspot.com, maybe you can share some of your pictures in China on our travel site. Feel free to check out the links that may help in your trip. Take care !!

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home